[RC] [Guest] out of touch - Ridecamp Guest

Laurie Whaley Pearson Lin_Laur@xxxxxxxxxxx
I have been in the middle of breeding season since Jennings Boogie. I have
missed 4 races in my area (ahhhh that hurts) and some where along the way I
became a DAL of FERA. Hey guys is this what happens when you get out of
touch.....

The nite of the Presidents Cup (or morning UAE Time) I started the web cast,
put one mare and foal out, gave three more their Regumate and checked on my
mare that was due to foal...

I had 3 horse due to race in Qatar and I was trying to watch the Race. At
midnite I went out to check my mare (my best mare with a prize baby) She was
ready, I told her I would go watch the race and see her in a few hours.

I can see th efoaling pen from my dinning room, so when I have to get up and
check at nite I don't have to leave the warm house.  This was my 2nd foal
for the year (the first was 1/23/2003 thar is why I missed Camp Osboren and
the mare was soooo bigggg. At 2:20 a.m. I got up from the computer and
walked into the dinning room. She was down... I watched for a minute and she
stood to readjust. I saw the white sak... I woke my husband (oh great can't
we do this in the morning) an out we went. At 4 a.m. I went to my dads for
coffe and to let him know it was finally here.

We had our second colt for the year with one more to go. The kids to the bus
at 8 a.m.. Watched the end of the race, checked in with Qatar,  The vet came
at 10 a.m. he had been up all nite with a premature delivery. He was so
tired. We checked the mare and foal did the bloodwork and off to work I
went. I got to the office at 11:30.....

God I love the horse business.... Our next foal is not due till mid March.
We will get the other mares bred and I will see you all at the Sandhill
ride...

See you soon

Laurie