Re: [RC] [RC] OT: Sunburn/Hair loss on horse's face? - KathyZ1

This result may be akin to when you sweat while you're wearing sunblock.  It gets in your eyes and burns.  It gets into your mouth and tastes really hideous.
When Squeek drank, wetting his nose in the process, some of that stuff probably kept getting into his mouth and around his lips,  tasted really awful and succeeded in putting him off eating and drinking completely.
I've never tasted zinc oxide, but I'm assuming it's not up there with alfalfa....
Just a thought......

Kathy

> Try zinc oxide--it is great on white noses.

But practice with it first. I put some on squeek's nose during a ride
(maybe 30 miles or so into a 50) and he stopped drinking/eating as a
result.  Just something new I think....

johnt