[RC] fragile bones - Deblyons54

After fracturing my back in a hard horseback riding fall last year I decided to get a bone density test just to see what "baseline" is. I only have two risk factors for osteoporosis out of about 12,  being caucasion and light boned, so wasn't overly worried about it. The results came back "borderline" and very close to the range that is defined by osteoporosis. I was pretty shocked since I would have never guessed that I had this problem. After struggling for 6 months to ride again from the back injury I'm wondering if it's worth the possible fractures a fall would bring. I know there are lots of postmenapausal women out there endurance riding. Anyone else have to face this issue?