[RC] USA Training Centers - goearth

Hello,  Tho my time may have passed for the desire to compete Internationally, it would seem that those that do or have the desire should hold Centers by which different parts of the country can come and train and gain Knowledge and come together as a Team.  When i went to the USET Training in Gladstone we were put in a dormitory style environment and were given the best of instructions. USET had the facility and the personnel, they did not have the Mountains or Trails.   In N.J. even Steph was there along with Valery and the Rojeks and we all learned and at times humbled.  Education is the key to me and that was the best i had encountered.  I put up a token amount of money to the OD and started a land fund trust that now has i think $600 for the OD's land purchase to have their own space somewhat like Robie Park.  Thru the years it has stalled and gone nowhere mostly because the OD Board has enough on its plate already and the members don't seem to want to take on more and to be honest i can understand why.  But if someone somewhere wanted to fund a facility especially in the Ft. Valley of Va. for mountain training and say Florida for desert training it would be good for the East Coasters who desire to seriously train and learn and create the Team.  Perhaps in the west there are places of the same.  Otherwise those with the money and capabilities to create their Endurance Villages will have those facilities and we will be left behind on something we started.  Money....it all comes down to that. ts