Re: [RC] High School Football (was: Training facilities) - EquesB

In a message dated 2/24/03 7:47:35 PM Eastern Standard Time, tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

So independent if it is a kid in high school wanting to go to the NFL, a kid wanting to go to the NBA or a kid wanting to go to the Olympics it's all the same - money talks

    Actually, I thought the point in this thread was to say that while there will be some riders that will train to win and need tons of money to compete/train at the International level, there will still be a huge number of folks who will compete in endurance as a "pleasure sport." I thought the analogy was going along to compare backyard/local show riders to the big H/J riders.  In my area of Florida, while we may have the HITS circuit for the upper levels, there are still some small schooling shows and plenty of people having fun.  Do you not think AERC can and will survive with both types of riders? What about having "class" levels, when one enters a certain class, one can expect all the competitors in that class will be going at a a faster pace with a higher goal in mind, i.e., FEI and could conceivably be under tighter scrutiny of the vets due to the "speed/class" which one has entered.

Jackie Baker