Re: [Fwd: [RC] ATHLETE defined] - Susan Young Casey

Yes, these are indeed nice, pretty, and very true words with which I totally agree.

However, my original contention was, and still is, that equine sports do NOT belong in the Olympics because the Olympics are for human athletes.  I suppose one equine sport, like chariot racing, was ok.  Now, we've gone overboard.  IMHO, it's not just the equine sports that don't belong.  There's others and I'm absolutely horrified that I wasn't consulted first!   Suppose NASCAR will want to be an Olympic sport one day?

Having said that, I would LOVE to be an Olympian.  Unfortunately, the only sports I'm involved with are Tae Kwon Do (an Olympic sport), and several equine disciplines.  I did the TKD thing in college and made it quite far on the road to the Olympics...till I broke my ribs and back.  Oh well...

 Jim Holland <lanconn@xxxxxxx> wrote:

And THIS, ladies and gentlemen, is what it's all about, expressed with a
literary skill far beyond my mundane scribblings.

Susan Young Casey, Princess of Pink, LIW, RRHA, RHS
Semper Obliquo (Always aside)

Glenndale Grace Farm, Ft Gibson, Oklahoma U.S.A.

"Ride on! Rough-shod if need be, smooth-shod if that will do, but ride on! Ride on over all obstacles,
and win the race!" - Charles Dickens (1812-1870)

Do you Yahoo!?