Re: [RC] [RC-Digest] Vol: 03.0144 - Alice Yovich

I took my daughter along with my husband on a CTR last year. She had a blast. I, OTOH, felt totally irrtated with her when I came back to camp tired and wanting a nap and she was "bored" I suspect that if I had brought her and a friend it would have been easier. However, during the day, she had a blast and I would do it again in a heart beat. She helped with the P&R's by holding the stethoscope for other people. She passed out water, she picked flowers to give to me. The second day my husband took her fishing and they took it easy.

This year my husband, (who is as non-horsey as they come, but appears to enjoy the analytical numbers side of the sport--P&R's) and I are going on one ride for sure this spring together, but we're not bringing her.

I like the camp babysitter idea. Maybe you could find a kid who is interested in the sport but has never gone. I know just the kid myself and will have to keep it in mind for the future.