Re: [RC] conditioning program - Truman Prevatt

Six month lay up because of what? If it was a sore suspensory, it will be different than if life just got into the way and you couldn't ride. If it is the latter a few months of training and then start with some slow 50's and you should be a fine start.

Truman

Endurancegirl@xxxxxxx wrote:
Would anyone be able to suggest to me a good training program for bringing a horse back into the sport after a 6 month lay off.  We didn't do much last year, about a total of 200 miles of conservative rides - included 2 - 50's.
I don't consider myself a top ten rider....just a good healthy finisher, so I'm not pushing for conditioning a "top ten" horse - just a sound horse that will last years and years!  I'd also like to be able to do some competition for yearly.
Any advice from you seasoned riders would be greatly appreciated.