[RC] The Rides of March - info - TRougeau

Hello to all and thank you to those of you who are seeking information about our ride.  After about 50 emails I thought maybe putting the additional information here would be helpful.

This is a new ride being held in the Reno area.  Ride camp will be at the Lemon Valley Horseman's arena on 22 March.  There will be a 50 and a 30 mile ride.  Though we are using the same campsite as the Comstock we are not using Comstock trail.  This is very different trail with some really fantastic views.

The footing is great, soft sandy jeep roads and wide single track.  The sand in not deep and there is only one very short section that has a few rocks.  We have ridden the entire trail multiple times on barefoot horses without problem.  This should be a really good early season ride.

Lunch and all holds will be away from camp in an open area that is easily accessed by crews.  We will have lunch for riders (sandwiches etc) and lots of horse water and hay for our companions.  We have corralled a wonderful group of volunteers who will be on hand to help you out also.  There will also be porta-potties out there.

There will be dinner Sat night along with the awards banquet.  Some really wonderful sponsors have provided great awards for both rides.  There will be sweatshirts for completion and top three in each division specially embroidered, fleece coolers for best condign, top ten awards and many others.  We are very excited for the opportunity to host this ride and to share some of our most favorite training trails.

Ridecamp will be up and running by Friday morning, the office will open around 2:00pm with the vets arriving around 4:00pm.  Pre-ride meeting will be held at 7:00pm.  We will hold a special ride meeting for the LD and for any first time riders at 6:00 PM to answer any specific questions that you have.

Directions to ridecamp: From I 395 take the Lemon Valley exit, follow Lemon Valley Drive around to Nectar and turn Right, turn left on Chestnut and the arena is on the left two blocks down.  There is ample horse water and a fixed bathroom facility.  We will also have a coffee vendor Saturday morning with a full array of wonderful coffee, tea and cocoa.

I think that answers all the standard questions that have been posed.  If you need an entry or just have questions please give us a call.  The entry and description is also posted on the AERC website.  We look forward to meeting everyone, until then happy trails.

Tami Rougeau
Manager, Rides of March
(775) 972-6624