Re: [RC] Olympics and endurance? Nah. - DVeritas

In a message dated 2/19/2003 3:19:54 PM Mountain Standard Time, jwinkleman_2001@xxxxxxxxx writes:

I was thinking maybe the AERC people could have a
positive influence on it, if it were to go to the
olympics

    Let's see, the olympics are a world-wide "business conglomerate", sponsored by private entities with deep pockets using the entertainment sedative of sports to promote ..... well, nothing, I guess.  So, why do they even bother...they don't even promote "sportsmanship" these days.
    The AERC people are endurance riders who have gotten together and put together a governing body for what it is we enjoy doing.
    No negativity here, but I don't see the whole world listening to a darn thing the AERC has to say....heck, there are MEMBERS of the AERC who don't want to listen to a darn thing the AERC has to say.  :^)
    Frank
    AERC #8422