[RC] President's Cup - Press Release - Steph Teeter

Champion Taher Hails Village

Taher, Wade join Showtime team

Former World Cup Endurance Champion Tarek Taher and Australian endurance
superstar Meg Wade ? considered possibly the greatest rider today ? were
yesterday unveiled as the latest high profile members of the Showtime
commentary team that will front an eight and a half hour live broadcast of
The President?s Cup on February 20.

"I?m very excited," said Taher, who remains a top class endurance rider
competing at the highest level. "This coverage is something new for the
sport. I?m proud to be a part of it. This fantastic sport is finally getting
the  mass attention it deserves.?

Indeed, Taher has often competed in The President?s Cup himself and passed
up an opportunity to ride in the classic 160 kilometer classic in order to
be part of the team that takes Endurance into a bigger stage. Showtime
broadcasts to 22 countries across the region. Thursday?s President?s Cup in
Abu Dhabi will be the highest profile Endurance event ever staged anywhere
in the world, with eight and a half hours live coverage on Showtime Sport,
live spots on several global television channels and highlights being beamed
across the world.

"The venue of the race, Emirates International Endurance Village, is
extraordinary, a real gem for the sport, and what a venue from which we can
bring the sport to a wider audience," said Taher. ?Sheikh Mansoor bin Zayed
Al Nahyan has done something tremendous, creating a village that is not only
modern but also reflects an Arabian identity."

Wade is one of the biggest names in the sport and is being flown to the UAE
to offer her insightful comment during the Showtime broadcast. Owner of the
highly regarded Castlebar Stud in New South Wales, Wade?s partnership with
her Castlebar Treaty propelled both to a position of pre-eminence in the
sport. Wade headed the FEI-Emirates World Ranking in 1999 and has been one
of the leading handful of ranked riders in the world every year for a
decade.

Making her first foray into television presentation, she says: ?We believe
that the sport has all the elements that would make it a fine Olympic
discipline. Such high profile coverage can only be good for the sport,
raising public awareness of Endurance.?

The 160-kilometer Presidents Cup is being sponsored by Emirates, Damas,
Mercedes Benz, Khaleej Times, LG Electronics and Endurance World magazine.