Re: [RC] common sense - Larry Miller

Truman, unfortunately the truth will not solve all the problems.  Problems
will still come and we will still have to deal with them to the best of our
ability.  Never hurts to have more info to help solve the problems and I am
all for that.  BUT I think we need to be careful how we handle the truth and
how we handle a serious problem when it occurs.  I have a close friend who
rode with me on a 25 with her daughter.  Pedro, the daughter's horse, was a
wonderful kid's horse and it was obvious that there was one of those special
bonds between horse and rider.  All the necessary and important things were
done on the ride, elytes, food, water, etc, etc.  Pace was not that fast.
Horse at the very end went into a bad colic and died two days later.  Even
though an autopsy was done, we will never know exactly what happened.  I
suspect whatever happened was because of earlier care before my friend
bought this horse.  It was the most upsetting experience that my friend and
her daughter went thru.  I know they thought they had killed the horse.  The
vets, friends, etc all told them that unfortunately whatever happened was
going to happen.  At least that horse had some very good years with his new
owners.  I would have not added any extra restrictions or requirements on
these folks over this death.   They went thru hell and then some.  This is
just one scenario.  There are many more to consider.  Jeanie