Re: [RC] Hoof Injury - JUDYK89

Baby diapers? That's one of the best ideas for hoof
wrapping I've heard! TY for that, it'll make my life
tons easier next time I have to go through this!

My vet showed me how to do this for an abscess.  The baby diaper fit perfectly around the hoof, the tabs held it on, and we made a square of duct tape, 4 layers thick to slap on the bottom of the hoof, and duct taped around it.  It would usually last about 24 hours.  The funny thing is, my mare would walk right through the 4 layers of duct tape, but never walked through the diaper.  It was always intact.  They sure didn't make diapers that tough when my kids were babies :0)