[RC] SLIGHTLY OT - HAPPY BIRTHDAY to an oldster who still travels! - SandyDSA

In light of recent discussion about older horses........well, she won't be going to any great mileage anymore, but our beautiful bay mare Harlot turns 28 today. She is the epitome of "the versatile Breed", having competed successfully in western, dressage, over fences, English, costume, served in MSAR, worked as schoolmaster, won in parades, worked cattle, driven in hand, shown halter and classic head, and finally at the age of 16 began a modest career in LD. Never going more than 37 (supposed to be 30 - you know how THAT goes!), Harlot has done just about everything one could ask of a horse, with style and grace. Her character is demonstrated in her complete loyalty and heart at Pendleton years ago (see link) and so I wanetd to share her with you...while she is still with me. After a 23 year relationship (longer than most marriages!), she is the heart of my heart, and it seems like I am always on the lookout for another - or tow - just like her.

So - for all of you who wonder if an Arabian truly CAN be the versatile breed - if your show horse might also have to be your endurance horse - yes,, it CAN be done - it HAS been done!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HARLOT!
(she is accepting small gifts of carrots and sugar cubes over the next week!)
THE LAST MILE - Sandy Adams