[RC] Post ride leg care - Wendy Mancini

Patti asked -What are YOUR routines?  How do you decide which post-ride leg treatment/care
you'll use?

Back at the trailer - vetrolin wash, weather permitting, because he seems to like it.  Ice boots about 30 min.  I use the easy ice boots.  They stay frozen  in my cooler since I don't have a fridge.  Have the Professional choice ice cells but in hot weather they melt in the cooler.  After the ice, I sponge the lower legs again to wash off excess vetrolin and put on the professional choice sport medicine boots, all 4 and leave them till the next morning.  In the AM, I'll take them off, sponge, walk & put them back on for the ride home.  Once home & out to pasture where he's constantly moving he's fine.  Without this routine, he'll get swelling in all 4 more often than not.
    Be careful about any liniment under any kind of wraps, I've seen some severe blistering.