Subject: [RC] Trucks - Deblyons54

I few years ago I traded my car for a 1998 extended cab Chevy Silvarado 1/2 ton as a passenger vehicle and to tow my trailer. We already had a truck but I was always arm wrestling my husband for it who also used it to tow (another trailer), so you can bet who lost. The truck had plenty of power and towing ability for my 3 horse stock type trailer with two horses and gear. My trailer was getting older and in need of paint. It was gonna cost about $3000 for a new paint job so I decided to sell it and spend that money on a new trailer. My new trailer is a foot longer and enclosed, has drop down windows and when it was all made and ready to tow I found out it was MUCH heavier than my old trailer and not safe to haul with the 1/2 ton. We now have a 1 ton Ford Super Duty, which hauls my trailer, 2 or 3 horses and 8 1/2 foot overhead camper just fine. It has a "sway" bar and is set up for towing and hauling. I was glad I researched pay loads, and towing and hauling prior to buying the new truck. I became more knowledgeable than most salesmen who would have sold me a 3/4 ton or 1 ton that was not set up for towing and I still would have been in a less than safe vehicle.