Re: [RC] [RC] New Trailer - Nancy Mitts

Tracy,
Your funds will be the major limiting factor.
Slant loads are best for the horses, providing they are at the correct angle. (Which is 42-45 degrees). In my research the slant loads that are causing problems are about 30 degrees. It's a bad angle for horses to stand because they can't balance themselves well at that angle and they try to wedge themselves in.

Torsion axles are great for goosenecks with their heavier tongue/hitch weight. With bumper pulls, positive tongue weight needs to be stable. Due to the fact they have no equalizers between the axles as do springs, humps in the road can give you a negative tongue weight and then a fraction of a second later double the positive tongue weight. This causes weaving. Some folks overcome that by pulling the trailer uphill which increases tongue weight and carries most of the weight on the rear axle. This in turn causes wheel bearing and tire problems on the rear axle. Stabilizer hitches also do help, but they add to the cost, work of hooking up, and affect backing. With axles with springs and equalizers you don't really need the extra hitch. I won't even make bumper pulls with torsion axles any more.
Single, double, matted walls are personal choice. Single wall will show kick dents from the inside out.
I'm not familiar enough with the models & brands mentioned to make a recommendation.

Monte Mitts
Custom Iron Workers, Inc.
Manufacturer of CIW Trailers
http:\\www.ciwtrailers.com