Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2003 7:23 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] speaking of twh/mft

Ahhh, great discussion. The walker-crosses are the new hot thing for endurance or dressage. I know there's some arab-walker breeders in montana! Because of the walker shoulder/hip angles and canon bone length, the crosses tend to get a lot of action or suspension. I would think a running walk could contend with the trotters during races, my mare certainly held her own (we were just going down the trail). Pacing downhill is certainly a problem though! I think an arab/walker cross would be a great investment, certainly cooler headed than some arabs, if you're not looking to win the pan am (though there was a handsom cross at that race!)