[RC] speaking of twh/mft - Lori Greene

Trying to find out info on endurance.....

My question is this...if you are riding an arabian and the "idea" is to keep a trot going over long distance for the race, then why wouldn't a gaited horse be more suited or the cross as someone mentioned?  My life of horses has been mainly riding trail/show the quarter type horse, with a dabble here and there in some gaited horses.  I guess I look at it as a gaited horse naturally covers more ground and more smoothly, why would that not be the best ride?  I was told that a gaited horse could not fair as well, because of the stamina, and because their tendons couldn't take it.  But if the horse is built and bred for what he does, how can it then hurt him?  I guess not knowing anything about all of this yet (endurance) brings me to that.  I would think that the long gait would be more healthy, than to try to keep a horse in a trot?  Just wondering?????   thanks : )