[RC] re: Nutrena & Purina - Wendy Mancini

    I've got a barn full of old guys, 18, 20, 21, 23 ranging in size from 14h to 16 h, 2 Arabs & 2 QH.  Teeth are checked twice a year but usually only need work once.  They are all at about a 5 condition score.  Two eat 5 lbs. Nutrena Legacy per day, 1 gets 6 lbs omelene and the 20 year old that did 720 miles this year gets 6 lbs omelene, 2 lbs Legacy & Farnam weight builder.  All get 10 - 15 lbs Timothy hay per day.  Feed is divided into 2 feedings.
    My endurance guy won't eat feed with oil so I started using the Weight Builder &  it seems to have worked very well.  He's 14.3 and weighs in at approx. 950 lbs.  Maintained that weight the whole season.
    I always feed enough hay that I see a little left over and get the best quality hay available.