[RC] about hidalgo - Lori Greene

I'm not quite for sure...but I came across a website that had the story of Hidalgo.  Said that this horse was a mustang, and had been in pony express type races and so on, and won them constantly, and to make a long story short apparently there had been a bet made that this horse could not compete against the fine arabians of the egyptian king.  He took the bet and the horse ended up winning this horendous race of that time- by days.  When he came back to America they turned the horse with herds of mares trying to get the stamina.  Said that the horse had came from a certain indian tribe.  Anyway that's the jist of the history I got from the website.  It was a family that raised mustangs for endurance it's their cover story.