From: Michael Maul <mmaul@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Jonni <jonnij@xxxxxxxx>, CT_Region <AERC_CT_Region@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [AERC_CT_Region] Re: Correction to AERC Insurance Note
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 00:26:46 -0600

Jonni,

A number of rides have not been able to get insurance this
year from their normal carriers.  Unless we do something now
- those rides in the early part of the year may have to be
canceled.  There are some alternatives being explored as a
backup to see if regional organizations that are far away
from the rides will cover them even though they don't belong
to the regional endurance organization.  An example would be
a ride near San Diego covered by the Southeast regional
organization.

As far as continuing with underwriters they have worked with
in the past - they can certainly do that if they want to.
They would already be covered by the required AERC insurance
for their rides but if they had special needs - like a
yearly regional meeting - then they could get coverage for
that.  or they could be covered twice if they so chose.  But
under the present proposal - they will have to pay for the
AERC insurance coverage no matter whatever coverage they
additionally chose.

The changes would be handled directly with the insurance
company - it would not go thru the office and would avoid an
additional layer.

Here is a statement from the coverage about other activities
"All volunteers and workers are covered as well as any event
except rodeo going on at the same time ie ride and tie,
competitive, fun ride, etc"

Mike

Working moms: Find helpful tips here on managing kids, home, work ? and yourself. http://special.msn.com/msnbc/workingmom.armx