[RC] Fwd: [RC] ? Ratting People Out - Merryben

You are scary.  I am glad my horses are well taken care of.  When I had the
horse with the huge sarcoid that was dying of other forms of cancer in my
pasture, someone thought he was bleeding (the sarcoid was particularly ugly)
and they called animal control.  ACtually the sarcoid did not cause him pain
and I treated it every day when I fed him.

While I was not there an officer came out and checked and left me a form to
call him.  He was actually more concerned about the lack of weight of another
horse I had there.  I explained to him that the old horse was in his late 20's
and failing but had feed in front of him at all times and was not ready to be
euthanized.  He was still happy to be alive.  His owner was a vet and kept tabs
on him.  He actually called the owner to make sure what I was telling him was
true.

The upshot is that while it was an inconvenience and a little embarrasing, I
was more glad that someone had noticed what they perceived to be a problem and
had called someone.

mb
--- Begin Message ---
Title: Ratting People Out

Well we will rat you out in a heart beat if you are not taking proper care of your horses.  I guess you can say we have had enough of people getting them and not taking care of them.  The old saying that the squeaky wheel gets the grease is true.  If we find some one who is badly neglecting their horses we will take turns calling animal control until something is done about it.  Now when we start calling they know we are relentless so they check it right out and they actually take action and even have started thanking us for helping them keep and eye out for neglected animals.  If ya can't take care of a horse or any animal ya don't need to own it and ignorance is no excuse.  Ignorance cases are given a chance to fix their problems if they aren't disgustingly horriblely bad.  So for the love of horse and all animals we will continue to report neglect cases.  If the neglecters want to be mad about it Too Bad and if they want to get nasty well we say Bring It Own!

Team Slow Poke,
Kathy and the Gang

--- End Message ---