[RC] Mad Cow - Paddi

For all the animals destroyed and tested they have never found a second case of mad cow in Canada. The cow was in Sask was a black angus.
That one cow has devastated the beef industry. Farmers can not make any money on their beef or sell it, the US closed the boarders and they are just starting to reopen under many controls.
80% of Alberta beef used to be exported to the US.
The 2 packing plants in Alberta are paying nothing for the beef from the farmer but the consumer at the grocery store is paying higher then ever.
The government is looking into the plants gouging consumers. This crisis has been very profitable for the packing plants. Farmers must sell off cattle or they can't afford to feed them all.
It has been ugly and following the drought it has put many of our ranches and beef industry workers into crisis.
I was surprized when talking to my US friends that most were not even aware of the situation. News does not filter south very much.
 I hope the governents of both countries will find a way to deal with this before it destroys the  ranching industry beyond repair.
The rendering plants now charge for removal of dead stock. Most people are just doing the 3 S's
Paddi