[RC] [Guest] Love Valley&Mace - Ridecamp Moderator

Larry Lewis aerc75@yahoo
Talking to Tommy Sites this morning and he told me a story about Love Valley. Seems that Tom was checking the town out after a race a few years back, felt a little dry so the saloon was the next stop. While at the bar he was approached by a local, packing a six shooter and began to tell Tom what a tough horse he had and was sure his horse could do anything Tom's could. If you know Tommy he tells it like it is and proceded to have a few words with this local pistol packer. Outgunned and outnumbered Tom was fuming when he called me and told me of the incident. He wanted myself and my brothers to go to Love Valley the next year and back him up, we would have but I think the ride was a one time deal. Now I think those pretty tights Tom had on had something to do with the incident. About this mace discussion ladies, don't think for a minute mace is going to save your ass it will not, slow down yes, disable no. I am talking about two legged animals, I have been maced, it just pisses you off all the more. I'm all for packing in the backwoods, a barking dog does little also but a barking 38 gets every ones attention. My hat is off to Nancy and Monte Mitts as well as their pros who put on the Turkey Trot the day after thanksgiving. Tough trail, marked perfect. Put this one on your ride calender...LL