[RC] Gunslingers - goearth

Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner by Warren Zevon comes first to mind.  But, there are 3 Endurance Riders i know that pack right off the bat.  One has a .44 Magnum that she carries everywhere for protection, but she doesn't carry it on rides probably because its so big.  The other 2 have a .32 and a .38 and they carry it in their cantle bags.  Once, one went to the airport and forgot she was packing and got caught by security and being before 911 she still had a lot of explaining to do.  I still remember Baugher the Viet Nam Poet who said..."Why do i dream of peace and flowers and wake up with a knife in my hand?"  Its probably not a good idea to carry weapons on a ride, but some Ladies see it as a means of protection and not an act of aggression, especially on those dark nights out in the boonies all alone. Which reminds me of a ride at Love Valley in N.C.  The only rule they have there is that if you carry a weapon it has to be loaded.  What stories there are to tell about Love Valley and i only went there once and what an experience that was.  What ever happened to Love Valley? ts