[RC] books - Laura Hayes

For good entertaining reading, I like "Forty Years Gatherins'" and "A Day Late and A Dollar Short" both by Spike Van Cleve.  They are a collection of short stories of ranch life in Montana in the 20s to the 50s.  You can read one or two before bed and not be committed to a whole book. Some of the stories are really funny, and a few are really sad. I read them to my dad while he was in the hospital, and must have left them in the room when he died.  I ordered new ones a few years later and reread them.

Laura Hayes AERC#2741