[RC] intro - Cynthia Wunder

Enough lurking, I thought I should say hi!  I am a definite newbie having not had my own horse for 20 years ( I still miss my old
mustang quarter horse girl). I am interested in endurance because of the bond it builds between horse and rider. I am fortuneate enough to have my horses boarded right next to the Crooked River National Grasslands in Prineville OR, so I have miles available to ride. I have been taking lessons to improve my seat as I have much to remember and more to learn. The discussion about horse deaths and rules was very informative, as was the one about bra's and other support.

The passion and knowledge that this list expresses are the reasons I have joined. I have recently acquired a quarter horse grade mare and a young mustang (currently being gentled) and need to improve my relationship with them. I don't know that either will be endurance material but I am sure that using endurance principles will help me in guiding my training with them. I really need to get this little quarter horse cross to trust me as she has been ridden primarily by children and believes firmly that she is only safe when she is in control. I should have gotten two mustangs but she was so pretty and sweet. I have fallen for a pretty face again!!

Anyway, I didn't want to lurk for ages before I said hi and let people know I am listening in.  This is a great list, I have been on a few before and it is clear you guys really care, and are generally good to each other.

If there are any Central Oregon locals on the list I would love to learn about some of the local rides so that I can volunteer or watch and learn.

Cyndi (isn't it convenient that I spell it differently than the other Cindy?)