Re: [RC] burping horse - Sundaez

In a message dated 12/17/2003 7:16:23 PM Pacific Standard Time, ponyexpress@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Has anyone ever heard of a horse that burps?
A few years ago one of my Icelandics got out and ate about 20 pounds of grain. While I stood with him while waiting for the vet he kept burping...and he smelt like beer! That grain was fermenting fast. Fortunately he did not founder due to my fantastic vet who was there within an hour on a Sunday night! He oiled him and gave him Ace. I had given him 10 aspirin too before the vet got there...apparently it thins the blood and keeps it moving.

Mel