[RC] Why do you do this? - rides2far

Christal said:

From my point of view Debbie said what a > lot of
you have been saying, her "original"post said that she respected the
people> who brought their horses in with decent heartrates

Buick said:
I've ridden a 25 miler in 4 hours, and I think that wasn't bad, but
question whether my horse or I would have enjoyed any more.  And I didn't
really enjoy horses coming in with a high heart rate, and the owners
rushing to get through the P/R people and vet line, to get back out there
and abuse their horse some more.  You love your horse?  Sounds more like
an ego trip to me.  I was impressed with the calm people who took the
time to take care of their mounts, went slower, and >>came in with a 46
heart rate.

Angie replies:

So...bringing a horse in at 46 is "a decent heartrate?"  Well, then I'm
pretty indecent because I usually bring themin at 72. In 10 years my
horse has never been treated and is usually down in 5 min. or so...takes
a little longer because I hate to drag his nose out of his food that he's
scarfing down.

My kids play hard like my horse...and I've met other moms in their white
shorts & sandles who are pretty appalled at how hard my kids play...get
this...they BREATH HARD. They sweat. Sometimes they hyperventilate in a
ballgame from playing so hard. Sometimes they fall and get hurt...gives
them something to brag about later. I'm sure there's some women who think
they'd be better off in a yoga class but they're happy. Hard work is good
for the mind & body. If another kid is happy taking piano lessons more
power to them...but I was a terror when my mom tried to force that on me.
Kaboot acted the same way about dressage lessons. Abuse is relative. If
this is torture...chain me to the wall!

Angie

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!