[RC] RE:Misread - Carol Stiles

CIndy, Just wanted you to know someone else wrote that post questioning mentors qualifications. Unfortunately I have already deleted it, so I don't know who it was. The only thing I wrote about mentoring was that AERC does have a list of mentors and at most rides if you mention to the RM that you would like some to ride with they will usually try to set you up with someone after the ride meeting.
Sorry I didn't mean the part about the plow horse. It must be nice to have a horse that never gets excited. Personally I would probably be bored to death riding a horse like that. And it's a little sad that someone with all your experience would not want to help a rider who is having trouble with their horse. Usually all it takes is just riding slow for a little while until the horse gets his brain back. I'm sure some people don't want to be bothered by trying to help a newbie, they simply want 'to ride their ride', and you worry about your horse getting hurt, but I for one will always remember how scared I felt my first ride and if just buddying up with a newbie for a few miles until they feel more secure helps, than I wish more people would be willing to do that. It's a very rewarding experience. If I seem edgy maybe it's because my husbands been home for 2 weeks on vacation. : ) Carol