[RC] re: Carol's total misreading of my comments - Cindy Collins

Cindy wrote,"Hi, Carol.  Most people will not bald face lie to you about
their record
since it's so easy to look up.  So, just ask how many miles do they have?
Most of us love to talk about our records and you'll probably get more
info. than you need. "

I'm not sure what warranted this comment I never mentioned anything about
people lieing about their miles. I think you have me mixed up someelses
post.

"I will say, though, that I will not ride with
someone whose horse is out of control.  I'm just too old for that stuff.
I can't afford to get myself or my horse hurt.  Good luck.  Cindy"

Cindy, That was my horses first ride and he wasn't happy that I was
waiting till everyone left camp before starting on him.  He was just
young, inexperienced, and excited  being his first ride and  reared while
John was holding him. Once I got on him he was fine and never "out of
control". In fact once we got started, we came up a lady that was having
trouble controling her horse and I stopped my horse and waited with hers
until it calmed down. Beau is a normally very calm well-trained horse at
home and on the trail. Are you telling me your horse never got excited at
a ride start? You must be riding a plow horse. Carol

Cindy's answser:
Wow!  I have no idea who you are or what happened at your ride.  You
TOTALLY misread my email!  I was talking in total generalities about your
questions on how to know if a person was qualified as a mentor...I said
just ask them and commented that most will be honest since it is now easy
to look up our records (you do know that many horsemen will exaggerate!).
I HAD NO idea you'd had any trouble with your horse...I was making a
general statement that I prefer not to mentor someone who's horse is out
of control.  Take a zantax, honey, and lighten up.  I was not attacking
anyone.  Cindy