From: Jim Holland <lanconn@xxxxxxx>
To: jlong@xxxxxxxx
CC: Howard Bramhall <howard9732@xxxxxxx>, k s swigart <katswig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ridecamp <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [RC] Just Guessing
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 19:14:29 -0500

Joe Long wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 11:28:57 -0500, "Howard Bramhall"
> <howard9732@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >There are some good guesses in there, Kat. The thing is, I kind of disagree with your final conclusion. I do think there are some excellent ideas out there that would help reduce the number of endurance related equine metabolic deaths. I have a list:
>
> >1) The pacer/mentor program, for newbies, is an excellent idea. This is how we pass on the valuable knowledge that our experienced riders have to give to others.
>
> As a voluntary program, I think this is a good idea, and one that is
> already being tried. As a way to reduce equine fatalities is is
> probably useless, though. And if it was mandatory, it would do little
> good while causing a lot of problems.

I don't recall Howard saying anything about it being "mandatory". Read
his post again. He was simply saying it is a good program and should be
encouraged. Useless, huh? Guess I was wasting my time mentoring all
those people....Hmmm...but none of them have killed a horse....

Cell phone ?switch? rules are taking effect ? find out more here. http://special.msn.com/msnbc/consumeradvocate.armx