[RC] competitive rides - larry Miller

Yes Angie, competitive horses have been treated and some have died on trail or at the ride site or after being taken home.  Some were well conditioned and something was wrong with the horse that the ride brought on or it was just going to happen.  Some were over ridden and some were not in shape.  I have seen this happen in Ohio and Michigan.  But I have also seen endurance horses over ridden,  and brought to a ride not in shape.  It seems to be lack of knowledge or sometimes just the luck of the draw.  I have also seen comp horses treated with fluids.  It can happen to anyone.  Jeanie