Re: [RC] [RC] Come when they are called? - DVeritas

In a message dated 12/10/2003 11:40:33 AM Mountain Standard Time, ladurgin@xxxxxxx writes:
Anyone have their horse trained to do so every time you ask???
Okay, I'll play....my horse comes when I whistle or yell his name.  I have two weanlings (fillies) who come runnin' when I call their names.
    Yes, my horse allows me to tack him without using a halter or tying him...matter of fact, I don't tie him on the property....I allow him to wander around picking grass on about 100 acres.  He appreciates it, too.
    So, my gelding, Ranger, and I have a "relationship" (he's ten)...the weanlings have just come to know my sound (I think I could probably yell, HORSES GO AWAY, and they'd come to the sound of my voice AND my movement....they respond to it every time.
    I seldom leave the property, so they probably just think I am a funny looking horse who moves r e a l slow and has severe crepitation when he walks or runs.
    ---Frank