[RC] RETIRING IN MEXICO..OT - DVeritas

If the original poster of the question regarding retiring in Mexico was interested in the BAJA area, I apologize for this short post.
    I have traveled extensively in the INTERIOR of Mexico and have found wonderful, beautiful hay, grass, alfalfa, mix.  I have found beautiful horses, Arabian and others, well-cared for and treated with respect, in fact "honored" as creatures held in high esteem.
    Living in Mexico is challenging for some "norteamericanos" and for others, not quite.  I've found it can be directly relative to language abiilty and the manner one projects and expects.
    If one conducts themselves as a "tourist, a temporary sojourner", you will, in fact, be treated as such.
    If one truly is going to retire in the Interior and not the Frontera or Border areas, and becomes part of the community, one can live quite well and be quite happy.
    Personal security is always an issue.  "Awareness" is key.
    Like areas in this country, crime, drugs, kidnapping...violent crime is always a concern.
    I'd pick the state in which to live (in Mexico) carefully and do extensive research while actually traveling in that state.
    There are several, beautiful states in Mexico where ranching, horses, cattle and, generally, rural living are very similar to living here in America.
    As far as actual "laws" are concerned, contacting an attorney in Mexico, in the state you might be interested in is a good start.
    Good Luck,
        Frank
    The veterirnary care is similar, but leaning toward more "basic" care.