[RC] History - goearth

Hello,  when i went to school i never much cared for history.  But reading about Frank Hopkins and Hildago i see the importance or keeping these stories alive.  What i failed to see then was the fact it was a real event and not something i was forced to learn and recite.  I hope those that are into this thread of interest continue the exploration of fact.  Years back when we recreated an event done by Will Tevis in 1932, i  believe, when he rode 4 horses in an indoor skating arena and went 200 miles in 10 hrs.  We tried to locate any information on this event and even called Sandra Tevis Haggin and she told me all the newspaper articles were burnt up in a fire.  Trying to locate something 100 years ago can become an obstacle and thats why these stories that happened 30-50 years ago are so important to chronicle before they are lost.  This is the responsibility of those that want to preserve the past so the future does not forget these individuals and the exploits they did and protect fiction from facts. My wish would be someone or some organization that would take on this task.  tom sites