[RC] Virus - lori cox

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, January 26, 2003 8:59 AM
Subject: Virus

-------Original Message-------

Date: Saturday, January 25, 2003 7:08:49 PM

Subject: Virus Alert
Please check your system now - not a hoax
Dear all,
A virus has been passed on to me by a contact. My address book has in turn
been affected. Since you are in my address book there is a good chance you
will find it in your computer too.
I followed the direction below and eradicated the virus easily.
The virus ( called jdbgmgr.exe) is not detected by Norton or McAfee
anti-virus systems. The virus sits quietly for 14 days before damaging the
system. It is sent automatically by messenger and by the address book
whether or not you sent e-mails to your contacts. Here is how you check for
the virus and get rid of it.
1. Go to start, find or search option.
2. In the file/folders option, type the name : jdbgmgr.exe
3. Be sure to search your C: drive and all the subfolders and any other
drives you may have.
4. Click "find now"
5. The virus has a teddy bear icon with the name jdbgmgr.exe. DO NOT OPEN

6. Go to edit(on the menu bar), choose "select all" to highlight the file
without opening it.
7. Now go to the file (on the menu bar) and select delete. It will then go
to the Recycle bin.
IF YOU FIND THE VIRUS, YOU MUST CONTACT ALL THE PEOPLE IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK
SO THEY CAN ERADICATE IT IN THEIR OWN ADDRESS BOOKS.
To do this
a) Open a new e-mail message
b) Click on the icon of the address book next to the "TO"
c)Highlight every name and add to "BCC"
d) Copy this message....enter subject....paste to e-mail.
Sorry about this, regards Jonathan Carl Ray Jensen

.