[RC] IntNewsGoup: Resolution of Athletes' Advisory Committee - Lori & Rick Stewart

-----Original Message-----
From: Elena Sandidge [mailto:ESandidge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 4:14 PM
To: 'rkld.stewart@xxxxxxx'
Subject: Resolution of Athletes' Advisory Committee

Dear Fellow Athlete,
?
At the January 17 meeting of the Athletes' Advisory Committee the following
resolution was adopted.? We ask that you respond to this email indicating
whether you do or do not support this resolution.? The Resolution with your
?
USA Equestrian Athletes' Advisory Committee
?
?
Resolution of USA Equestrian Athletes' Advisory Committee
?
??
The USA Equestrian Athletes' Advisory Committee unanimously passed a
resolution on Jan 16, 2003, demanding that the NGB dispute for equestrian be
resolved without further delay.? The negotiations between the USET and the
USAE must resume immediately.? There can be no further reasons (real or
perceived) for delaying the solution of the governance issues for the sport
of equestrian.? The USOC must demand that a mediated solution must be
presented to them by an agreed upon date near in the future.?
?
The athletes are tired of being used as a negotiating tool and need to spend
their time and effort on training and preparing for future competition and
not focus on what lost opportunities there have been in the past six years.?
The millions of dollars spent on this dispute are not only embarrassing for
our supporters and the athletes but there have been huge lost opportunities
for the development of our future athletes.? Though we are winning medals
with most of our Olympic sports we are extremely worried that we are
sacrificing the future due to lack of investment funds for our up and coming
riders.? Our supporters and fans have to believe in our process, as of now
our fans do not believe in the future of our sport.
?
Our success has been born not only through the hard work of our athletes but
also of the hundreds of volunteers that fill the committees charged with
developing plans, selection procedures and training schedules.? The ongoing
fiasco is insulting to their effort.
?
These two organizations have worked in harmony for years and we know there
is a way that both corporations can have a role in the future of the sport
of equestrian.? This demand is directed to all three organizations involved:
USAE, USET and the USOC.
?
Give us our future back!
?
?
Resolved by USA Equestrian Athletes' Advisory Committee, Lexington,
Kentucky, June 16, 2003.
?
Members present:? Chair, Ann Gribbons, Co-Vice Chair, David O'Connor,
Isabelle Bibbler, Michelle Gibson, Karen O'Connor.? By phone: Robert
Costello, Mark Leone, Chester Weber.

Email and Attachments automatically scanned for viruses by Trend Micro's
Scanmail for Exchange.