[RC] ice in the south - oddfarm

Yes, I did say trailer and with a big dang smile!

I camped in a tent for quite a few years. Now the dogs are using it.

The first year we put on Green Swamp Stomp, in January, it was 17 degrees. We slept in the tent. Everything was iced over, even the liquid soap. I couldn't get the coffee to perk because I was making it outside and it was too cold! We had a little propane heater but it only lasted four hours. Thank goodness John was with me and changed the cylinders because I couldn't even get my head out of my sleeping bag.

The second year it was just as cold. Then I changed the date to March and got the slide-in camper. Whadda ya know? It wasn't cold last year. In fact, it was very hot for the month of March.

One of the first rides I took my family to was Far Out Forest which is in February. We were in a tent with NO heat and we had a hard freeze that weekend. In Florida.

Since about 1993, we have stayed in a tent through sweltering heat, monsoon rains and freezing temps. All in the same weekend! And most of my rides have been in Florida and Georgia. It can get mighty cold in the south and more often than every 10 years!! Every time I set up that damn tent, we had freezing temps!

I DID my time. I LOVE my trailer. Toasty warm and dry.  Yeah baby!

Even hard core tent camper Pantyman (aka Howard) has a real darn nice camper. All that talk about being surrounded by nature, the stars the sound of whinnying horses. Yeah, what a bunch of crap. Now it is just the whir of his generator as the heater is on while he sips his beers. (I'm feeling ya cabana boy) I'll bet we never see him in a tent again :)

Lisa Salas, the Odd fArm