[RC] Muffins badly abscessed tooth - sandy . l . holder

From: "Kathie Ford" <MsPoOh17@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [RC]   status on sick horses

Hi guys, got some information on the horses I wrote about, and thought I'=
d share it with you if that is okay.

The 8 year old pony named Muffin has a badly abscessed tooth.

Kathie,

My 13 yr. old, rescued (18 months ago) Arabian gelding ended up with a 'bad tooth' in December.  It was a canine tooth that a very good equine dentist tried to pull and subsequently found that it was fused to the bone.  Given the options, he consulted with a friend at Davis (they both teach equine dentistry) and decided to clean the tooth and fill it with 'human filling' material. . . basically a root canal (tooth was bad all the way through the pulp chamber).  The area has healed, within a VERY short period of time, without antibiotics (although he's on both glucosomine and biotin supplements).

Not sure this will help you but the dentist is located in Livermore, CA and is willing to travel (or refer and discuss his thoughts to your local dentist).  Good luck. . . and if you'd like more info, don't hesitate to e-mail me privately.

Sandy and Tally