Re: [RC] Missouri Fox Trotters - Peggety123

Hi Scott,
I have a MFT that I have successfully ridden endurance on - 430 miles to date.? He is great to ride - very comfortable and sure footed.? He is very competative though - unlike most Foxtrotters that tend to be more mellow.? I did a multi day ride this New Years (Death Valley) and rode with 2 other very happy Foxtrotter owners.?
Eileen has competed very successfully with her horse, and her husband is just starting to do endurance on his Foxtrotter.? We all "glided" along very comfortably.

My horse was originally "pacey", but I retrained him to trot specifically for vet checks.? It has not been imperative that he trot out - in the beginning he did not, until I retrained him, but I had no problems then (only had one interesting experience once where I had 3 vets watching him to figure out just what he was doing), this is when he was "pacey".? But I've had no problems otherwise.

I think you'd really enjoy a Foxtrotter as I enjoy mine.? Go for it!

Peggy Bullock & White Cloud's Lucky Star
AERC West