Re: [RC] RC- Missouri Fox Trotters - Dana B.

Dede wrote:
"I am considering buying a Missouri Fox Trotter that I will use for
Limited Distance, and eventually 50s.......I know some of you out there ride gaited horses- this has
been brought up before. What I'm wondering is whether the vet check is
indeed an issue. Thanks!

Dede, I have ridden my Paso Fino mare in three LD rides in No. Cal.  All of the vets have been wonderful (we've been checked by 6 different vets at rides).  We just joke about "trotting" and she does whatever she does (corto or trot, it varies).  There are issues for sure related to gaited horses in endurance, but in my experience the vets have been extremely helpful and nice.

Dana

ddbpaso@xxxxxxxxx