Fwd: [RC] Farriers - DAldr94141

Deb
--- Begin Message --- Where/how in the world do you find a farrier that you can trust?  I live in North Central Wisconsin- there are a few farriers up here- but many of them I do not trust to trim their fingernails let alone my horses feet.  The latest farrier I tried had a hard time pulling the shoes off of my gelding that had toe clips on them.  When I told her that, in the summer, I have the farrier out at least every 6 weeks to reset (road riding really takes it's toll on steel) I think she almost fainted.  The last person I had was great- then for some reason he just never showed up again (my horses are well behaved-  I do have 1 that really didn't like him but he never did anything stupid- like kick the farrier).
Any suggestions on finding a good one?  My other option is to haul a couple of hours away to an endurance rider that is also a farrier (that option is looking pretty good right now).
Thanks for the help!
Kristin
Noon, Whispor, and Sugar

--- End Message ---