[RC] horse without papers - Sarita Weimer

I recently purchaced a 2 yr. old Arab gelding.  He, along with a bunch of his stablemates, were shipped from a breeding ranch in the West to PA for sale.  Before I went to look at these horses, I wanted to know a little about them, so I called the ranch.  The horse I was most interested in came without papers.  The ranch said, "You will never get the papers on this horse."  Basically, he is a full brother to their well known stallion (the ranch asked I keep the name of the stallion to myself) and he is not the same quality, so they are selling him without papers.  Of course, that's the horse I ended up buying.  My question is, what are the chances of me getting the papers?  It doesn't bother me so much that I don't have papers saying I own him, but it does bother me that someone else (the ranch) has papers saying they own him.  I've heard that if you are really going to sell a horse without the papers, you should ask the Arabian Horse Registry to cancel the certificate.  I know that hasn't been done on my horse.  If they won't give up the papers, is it worth asking them to cancel the certificate?  His registered name is very close to the stallion's, and maybe that is part of their concern.  Do you think they would go for a name change?  I plan to call the ranch and ask about the papers, but I want to do it right as I think I'll only have one chance at getting them.  Any advice on how to approach them?  Anyone with experience in this area, I would appreciate some help!
Thanks!
Sarita Weimer

Add photos to your messages with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*. =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Ridecamp is a service of Endurance Net, http://www.endurance.net. Information, Policy, Disclaimer: http://www.endurance.net/Ridecamp Subscribe/Unsubscribe http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/logon.asp Ride Long and Ride Safe!! =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=