Re: [RC] [RC-Digest] Vol: 03.0887 Hidalgo - Barbara McCrary

One of the fastest horses I've ever ridden was a 14.2 Arab.  Small size, great will to race.  He just loved a race to the finish within the last 1/4 mile or so.

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 12:20 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] [RC-Digest] Vol: 03.0887 Hidalgo

When I saw the trailer, I laughed a little to hear the Bedouins scornfully say his horse was too small.  As compared to what....Arabs?  Maybe they're trying to ride the coattails of Seabuiscut by playing up the little horse against the big ones, but we Arabian owners know better, eh? (not to cast aspersions--in the light of political correctness--on any horse over 15 hands).  We distance riders know it's not the size of the horse, but the depth of its heart.  Still, I will go see it, and hopefully enjoy a good story, knowing it is fiction.