[RC] A Kindler Gentler Temp Take - Roger Rittenhouse

 All-  I have found the Radio Shack small indoor outdoor  cheapo temp
 display to  work quite well.
 I define the how to  do this at my web site. It also posted in the
 archives  ?? way back
 It sure is NOT accurate but it is all relative data anyway.
 I use it at all the HOT rides.  Works well to let me know when the
 Temp is getting higher then I like under the saddle, BEFORE the HR
 and other heat induced fatigue catches up

 I call it the TMEPO.. but really folks its nothing to make work even
 if you do not seal it up to reduce water damage.. get one from RS for
 $15 put it in a HD baggie tape it shut and fix on the saddle. So you
 trash one per year big deal for a cheap way to watch the heat load
 increase.

 It is about 3 deg LESS then the rectal. I NEVER let it get 101.

 If I can make the time this weekend I am going to post the rebuttals
 to all the HRM blasts and posts from riders who don't know what they
 are talking about OR fail to follow directions OR have a defective
 HRM OR defective lead wires/ components with the monitor.
 MUCH BS and myths about these tools.
 I  know HOW they work and WHY they work or don't work .. as a
 technician and    engineer. Look to the archives I have posted screens of
email to RC on
 the subject. I will just put it all on my web site, with more
 details information.

 After 14 years of doing this and over 8000++ monitors sold, and using
 it over 8 horses for many 1000's of  miles as well as working VC pulse
 mgr for 2 AERC NC and the PANAM, and many other rides.. I know more
 about these tools then (almost) anyone else in the sport..

 About the ONLY rider I know with more EHRM ride-miles comes from VA
 with a mess of medals.

 I go on record - these things work and are accurate within 1 bpm...
 WHEN USE CORRECTLY !!

 I will also be posting to my web site sometime this week reports on
 the TIMEX GPSHR unit, not working good enough for prime time..but
 works OK for me to use.  Fast-track teaching tool to learn about PACING.

 More shoeing reports, EQUIFLEX shoes RIDE-ON! -4 horses now going in
 them!

 Full report and pictures to follow.

--
Roger                          mailto:roger@xxxxxxxxxxx