[RC] another proposal - rides2far

Do you really think that the only thing preventing riders from 'going
for> the win at every ride' is the year-end points system??

I'm not 100% sure what I think...*especially* when my first impression
contradicts a lot of people whose opinion I hold in *very* high regard.
On the one hand I don't see a 15 min. cut off making much difference in
practice...but then I see some very experienced vets signing on to it and
I'm sure they've got a lot of experience to base that opinion on so I am
pretty much staying neutral on that argument and letting those with the
most experience have it. I wouldn't fight it but am not especially
optimistic about it.

On the awards system...I look at the people in the standings in my region
and I'm O.K. with all of them and how their horses look at a ride...so I
don't have a problem with the points system based on how the horses I
have personal experience with are affected by it. It could be that in
regions where there are more horses going for the award and more dates to
ride that it's a problem...if so, it's up to those regions to come up
with answers but it would be nice if it didn't have a negative affect on
the regions where it does seem to be working. Now...a vet from my region
may send me a personal note after I post this telling me that it's not
working, etc. etc. If so maybe I'll change my public stance.

I just think that if we take away all points and awards...but keep
*buyers* out there who'll pay big bucks for fast horses to export, what
good have we done? People who want a jacket for doing a good job won't
get one, but those who are the type to over ride still have their market
which they value far more than a jacket.

Angie

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!