[RC] Burning question: Susan G or other vet - Wendy Mancini

    We've seen from the studies that horses with lower body scores are more likely to have metabolic problems.  I'm sure that a number of factors contribute to this such as thermoregulation, energy reserve, & hormonal balance and possibly water & electrolyte reserve.
    My question is:
Do fat cells contain a greater percentage of water and/or electrolytes than muscle cells?

Wendy Mancini