[RC] rear tack compartments - Chipnml

I think it depends on what you're used to.  You said you were "downsizing", so it sounds like you were used to having more space.  As for myself, I spent 14 years with a topper on my pickup and a 2-horse stock trailer.  2 years ago I finally upgraded to a Bison 2-horse slant with a rear tack.   Since I usually only haul 1 horse, I just take the divider out and he's got tons of room.  It's got a good sized dressing room, but it's not "finished".  However, I feel like I'm in the lap of luxury!  Actually having SADDLE RACKS!  Not having to flop around in the back of my truck when I needed to change clothes.  Not having to put everything in the nose of my trailer and have it all get soaked when it rained.  I just put my hay in the back of the pickup, but have learned to tie it down so it doesn't blow out (the things you learn about a gooseneck!).  My rear tack area has enough room for my saddles, three small grain bins, and a big brush/legwrap/whatever box.  Blankets, etc go into the dressing room.  Of course it helps that I'm by myself and only compete one horse.